30/30 Poetry Challenge
See above for the prompts as they are released each day during the month of April and/or join the Facebook group to follow along and/or post your work at the 30/30 Poetry Challenge on Facebook
What is 30/30 Poetry Challenge:
- April is National Poetry Month (it's also Distracted Driving Awareness Month - among 2 dozen other "month" things . . .)
- WordXWord celebrates by throwing out a month long challenge that asks you to take your mind to the poetry gym everyday for a month.
- Think of it as a puzzle, a game, some silliness, and - with a little luck - some art. We promise your brain will grow 2 sizes if you make the commitment.
Here's how it works:
- We post a prompt-a-day. You take it and run with it. If you feel like posting your work to the closed Facebook group, do it! If you prefer to grab the prompt and keep your work to yourself, that's cool too.
- Prompts can range from random words and pithy quotes to poetic problems to solve.
- How do you join? You join the 30/30 Facebook group. Any current member of the group should be able to give you an invite. Or visit the 30/30 Facebook page and ask to join.
- 30/30 Poetry Challenge on Facebook
- How can I play if I don't do Facebook? You can also find the daily prompts at 3030poetry.com. You can play along at home (ie do the work, but not post), or you can have a friend who does do Facebook post for you.
- Rules? Yes, there are a few. This is not a forum for ranting, hating, demeaning or disparaging. And no promotions, videos, images, etc. Definitely no spam or ads. We ask you to keep it poetic.
- Sign up to take the challenge